The Lewes Yacht Club Foundation is pleased to offer grants to qualified organizations which provide youth programs for Swimming & Water Safety, Sailing, Maritime Activities, and Educational Enrichment. The grants we provide help organizations complete their funding puzzle.
Click the button below to download the Grant Application as a fillable MicroSoft Word form.
Click the button below to view and download the Grant Application as a PDF.
Grant REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS
- Grant applications are to be mailed to:
- LYC Foundation, P.O. Box 2, Lewes, DE 19958
- January 31 - Grant Application postmark
- February 28 - Consideration by the Board of Directors
- April 1 - Applicant notified
- Grants are generally less than $5,000.
- Grant activities in Sussex County, Delaware will be given preferential consideration but grant requests from applicants beyond the Sussex County limits may be considered.
- Grant funds are not to support debt reduction, capital campaigns, endowment campaigns or payments to individual grant recipients.
- Grants requesting aid to purchase capital items to initiate or perpetuate an activity matching the Foundation's Mission will be considered as valid requests for assistance.
- Applications from organizations that restrict membership or participation by race, gender, gender preference, ethnicity or religious affiliation will not be considered.
- A final year-end report must be filed with the Foundation by the grant recipient.
- Grant recipient may be required to provide appropriate receipts validating expenditure of grant funds.
- Upon final approval, a schedule for funds disbursement will be established. The funds may be disbursed as a single payment, on a schedule in response to the quarterly reports or on any other schedule deemed appropriate by the Foundation.
- The Foundation reserves the right to recognize the need for flexibility in the above Requirements & Restrictions in individual cases.